It is not uncommon for people to see an ex-partner in a dream, but what does it mean when you dream about your ex boyfriend or girlfriend exactly?
Seeing an ex-boyfriend in a dream relates to the feelings, sexuality and attachments that your subconscious mind associates with him.
If you want your ex-boyfriend back in the dream then it can suggest that you miss being in a relationship or have a need to feel wanted or loved in some area of your waking life. Alternatively, the dream can reflect true feelings about wanting your ex back.
If your ex-boyfriend is proposing to you or showing affection then it can imply that you are looking for the same completeness that you felt when you were together and happy, it doesn't necessarily mean you want him back. In most cases it's the actual feeling of completeness you are looking for in some aspect of your waking life.
If your ex-boyfriend is injured or in hospital then it suggests that there are unresolved issues between you or you are still getting over the break up. If your ex is treated or out of hospital then it implies that you have moved on or have come to terms with the breakup.
A dream featuring your ex-girlfriend usually symbolizes fears related to sexuality, or issues related to masculinity and femininity.
If your ex-girlfriend is pregnant in the dream but the baby is not yours then this suggests that you have come to terms with the breakup or you have moved on. Alternatively, the dream can also imply that you have ended the relationship on a positive note, remain friends or still care for her.
To see your ex-girlfriend pregnant with your child suggests that you wish to get back together or miss the relationship you had together, while seeing your ex-girlfriend's mom in the dream implies that you have unresolved feelings or issues.
The Ex-Husband or Ex-Wife
A dream featuring your ex-wife or ex-husband can suggest that your are facing some kind of difficulty or a tricky situation in some part of your waking life. You may be feeling uneasy or unhappy about something, or you may be having relationship issues.
If you are in a relationship with your ex-husband or ex-wife in the dream then it can imply that you are making the same mistakes, or your old habits or ways are being repeated in a current relationship in some part of your waking life.
How To Analyze A Dream About An Ex?
If you are one of the many people wondering what does it mean when you dream about your ex, then the short list below summarizes key points you may want to consider:
- Have you been thinking about or wanting to get back together with an ex?
- Do you still have feelings towards an ex?
- Do you miss being in a relationship or want to feel needed or loved in some area of your life?
- Are you seeking affection or some kind of completeness in your life?
- Are there unresolved issues or feelings between you and an ex, or are you still getting over a breakup?
- Have you moved on or come to terms with a breakup with an ex?
- Did you end a relationship with an ex on a positive note or have remained friends?
- Are you facing difficulty or a pressured or tricky situation in some part of your waking life?
- Are you having relationship issues or concerns?
Top 5 Common Dreams About An Ex
- Ex kissing you
- Ex and their new partner
- Ex wanting you back
- Ex and you getting back together
- Ex dying
Liked this page? Share or Like it using the social buttons!
Never miss a post again! Subscribe and follow us to get the latest info and updates!