Many people see snakes in dreams, so what does it mean when you dream about snakes? Let’s find out!
Throughout history there has been an instinctive fear of poisonous snakes and so for many there is a deep emotional fear of snakes embedded in our subconscious.
So to have dreams about snakes can actually represent fears or concerns that you may have in some part of your waking life. So any situation in your life where you may feel fearful, anxious, tense, sense potential danger, or a sense of mistrust in your life, then you may see snakes in dreams.
If you are confronted by a group of snakes trying to harm you then this could represent some part of your life where you feel like people are ganging up on you or turning against you for example.
2. Hidden or forbidden knowledge
Snakes by nature of the way they move on the ground are perceived as being relatively hidden from us and so snakes in dreams can represent something hidden from you or something that you should not know about.
A dream about snakes can therefore suggest that you have hidden fears, worries or a threat of some kind, there is something in your waking life that you don’t want to face or accept perhaps.
3. Change or transformation
Snakes shed their skin and this is perceived as a form of rebirth and so dreaming of snakes can symbolize transformation or change.
This dream could suggest that mental or physical healing is taking place in your life, or that some positive change is occurring in your waking life.
The dream can also symbolize transformation in the form of spiritual development. Perhaps you are being more open to spirituality or focusing more on your natural instincts.
Analyzing your Dreams about Snakes
When you have dreams about snakes you may want to ask yourself the following questions when analyzing the dream:
- Are you getting over a time of mental strain?
- Are you recovering from sickness or physical pain?
- Are you pursuing or being more open to spirituality?
- Are you focusing more on your gut instincts or intuition?
- Are you experiencing some change in your life?
- Are you concerned or anxious about anything?
- Is there a sense of mistrust in your life, perhaps there is someone sly or dishonest in your life?
- Is there something that you are trying to keep hidden or don’t want to face?
- Are you feeling tense or sense some kind of threat in your life?
Different scenarios of snakes in dreams
Snakes may be seen or experienced in various forms in a dream, here are some of the common scenarios:
- Snake in the grass
- Coiled snake
- Snake pit
- Being swallowed by a snake
- Snake wrapped around a limb or the body
- Snake wrapped around an object like a staff
- Snake coming out of the mouth
- Snake with its tail in its mouth
Liked this page? Share or Like it using the social buttons!
Never miss a post again! Subscribe and follow us to get the latest info and updates!